A Grade II listed former country residence built in 1860 and now used as offices. David Trowler Associates have been appointed to prepare and co-ordinate a long term programme for the repair and maintenance of the site. A five year phased programme for the refurbishment of the Main Hall was then developed and work commenced in 2006.
- Phase 1 was completed in March 2007 and concentrated on areas which had been identified as requiring immediate attention due to problems with moisture ingress, dry rot and structural failure.
- Phase 2 was completed in late 2008 and included removal and re-fixing of the slate roof coverings, replacement of lead detailing, stonework repairs and general maintenance to windows and brickwork.
Internally plaster ceilings and walls have been reinstated together with decorative covings, all using traditional materials and techniques
David Trowler Associates act as Lead Consultant and provide the following services :
- Co-ordination of project team including specialist consultants
- Obtaining approvals including listed building consent
- Specification and design of remedial works / repairs
- Preparation of detailed drawings and specification
- Project Management
- Contract Administration